Wooden churches

13. Vyšná Polianka

The wooden Greek Catholic church of St. Paraskeva, 1919, NKP

    The present-day wooden filial church in Vyšná Polianka was built in 1919 on the spot of the original church from 1810. This was destroyed during WWI, probably by infantry. Original church was, same as the present one, dedicated to St. Paraskeva. The present church is smaller in size than the original church and also its architecture more simple.
    It is small rustic building, with three spaces, one tower and two crosses. The tower is set into the narthex. Inside were originally three bells, but presently only two bells remain.
    The Iconostasis in this church was installed only because of objective reasons and has only a little artistic value.
    Adaptation of the landscape around the church was done in the 1990’s. The last renovation took place in 2004.
    Complex renovation was done in 2005 - 2006. Renovation of the iconostasis started in 2005.

Contact:
Travel agency BYZANT
Hlavná 3, 080 01 Prešov
tel.: + 421 51 7562668
e-mail: info@drevenechramy.sk